Loans at Shannon Credit Union Limited
The two most important things about a loan are, being able to borrow the money and being able to repay it. At Shannon Credit Union Limited we encourage you to manage your money carefully by structuring loans around your needs and your ability to repay. Establish a good savings record by saving regularly so as to build up security for your loan.
At Shannon Credit Union Limited we have 7 very attractive rates of interest.
- Standard Loan 12% (12.6% APR)
- Covered Loan 6% (6.2% APR)
- Special Car Loan 6.5% (6.7% APR)
- Special Education Loan 4.9% (5.10% APR)
- Home improvement Loan 7% (7.25% APR)
- Holiday Loan 7% (7.25% APR)
- Medical Loan 7% (7.25% APR)
Click on any section below to expand view
- There are no hidden fees or transaction charges
- Our interest rates are fair and reasonable compared to others in the market
- Repayments are calculated on your reducing balance, so you pay less interest with each repayment
- Your credit union loan is insured - subject to terms and conditions - at no direct cost to you. Other lenders charge for this
- You can pay off your loan early, make additional lump sum repayments or increase your regular repayments, without a penalty. Other lenders may charge you extra for paying them back faster!
Our standard loan rate of 12%* means you can borrow at a reasonable rate of credit compared to other financial providers – compare us to other financial service providers and you will see that you get a great deal at Shannon Credit Union. With this option you can borrow up to €25,000 once you meet the criteria for getting a loan.
Covered Loan Information
Our covered loan rate of 6%* means you can borrow at a discounted rate of credit compared to other financial providers – compare us to other financial service providers and you will see that you get a great deal at Shannon Credit Union. With this option you can borrow up to your savings balance once you meet the criteria for getting a loan.
*For a €10,000 standard loan over a period of 5years, with monthly repayments of €194 the APR is 6.2%.
*For a €10,000 standard loan over a period of 5years, with monthly repayments of €223 the APR is 12.68%.
To begin, with you have to be a member of Shannon Credit Union Limited. For more information on becoming a member please click here. For members, please visit or call us and we can discuss your needs and give you an application form.
Loans are subject to approval. Terms & Conditions apply
Terms & Conditions Apply
* All figures given on this web site are for your general information only, and give a rough guide to loan repayments. Any statements on this web site do not purport to be authoritative or legally binding. You are advised to check with our offices for up-to-date rates and offers.
Whilst every care has been made in the production of this information, it is for illustrative purposes only and to give you an overview of the potential cost of borrowing at Shannon Credit Union. It does not constitute a loan offer. This document is for illustrative purposes only, so as to give you, the borrower, an overview of the potential cost of borrowing and does not constitute an offer of finance or repayments.
Loan Enquiry Form
If you would like to enquire about a loan please fill in the form below and a member of staff will be in touch.[contact-form-7 id="322" title="Loan enquiry"]