SHANNON CREDIT UNION LIMITED - COOKIES
The cookies policy should be read in addition to the terms and conditions of this website and is subject to them. If there is any conflict between the cookies policy and the terms and conditions, the terms and conditions shall prevail.
Cookies Are …
Cookies are small pieces of information, typically of letters and numbers stored in simple text files, placed on your computer by a website. Cookies can be read by the website on your subsequent visits. The information stored in a cookie may relate to your browsing habits on the web page, or a unique identification number so that the website can “remember” you on your return visit. Generally speaking, cookies do not contain personal information from which you can be identified, unless you have furnished such information to the website.
Cookies do not in any way compromise the security of your computer. Visitors can use most of the features on this website with no loss of functionality if cookies are disabled from the web browser. However, some features, including our future online banking system, will require cookies to be enabled in order for the service to function properly.
This website uses the types of cookies listed below:
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around websites and use the websites’ features, such as accessing secure websites or secure areas of websites. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like online banking and mobile banking, cannot be provided.
These cookies allow this website to remember choices you make (such as your preferred text size) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. Other examples include cookies that keep track of your progress when filling online application forms.
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. Shannon Credit Union uses first-party analytics cookies for this purpose.
They are set by third parties, including Google Analytics. Performance cookies allow us to collect statistical information about our visitors, such as whether they have visited the site before and the pages they view. This information is gathered anonymously – it does NOT enable us to identify who you are. We use these cookies to determine the kind of content and services our visitors value most, which in turn helps us improve our website and its content.
Should you wish to prevent websites from using cookies, instructions for changing your web browser settings are outlined below for each of the most popular web browsers. Please note: our online banking service, including mobile banking, require cookies to be enabled in order for the service to function properly. If you disable cookies, you will not be able to use our future online and mobile banking services. The cookies policy applies to this website only. If you visit Shannon Credit Union’s presence on social media sites, the cookies policy of that social media site will apply.
1. Go to the ‘Tools’ menu
2. Click on ‘Internet Options’
3. Click the ‘Security’ tab
4. Highlight the ‘Internet’ zone (selected by default)
5. Select security level ‘High’ for this zone
6. Click on ‘OK’
1. Click the Chrome menu button, a button of 3 bold horizontal lines located to the right of the browser toolbar.
2. Select Settings.
3. Click Show advanced settings.
4. In the “Privacy” section, click the Content settings button.
5. In the “Cookies” section, click “Block Cookies by default”
1. Open the Edit menu and choose Preferences.
2. Under the Privacy & Security category, choose Cookies. (If no subcategories are visible, double-click the category to expand the list.)
3. Click the following radio button: Disable cookies
1. Go to ‘Edit’ in the menu bar
2. Click on ‘Preferences’
3. Click on ‘Advanced’
4. Select the ‘Cookies’ field
5. Tick either ‘Warn Me Before Accepting a Cookie’ or ‘Disable Cookies’
6. Click on ‘OK’
1. Choose Safari > Preferences, and then click Privacy.
2. In the “Block cookies” section, specify if and when Safari should accept cookies from websites. To see an explanation of the options, click the Help button (question mark).
3. If you want to see which websites store cookies on your computer, click Details.
You should be aware that where you link to another website from the the Credit Union website, that the Credit Union has no control over that other website. The Credit Union has no responsibility for the privacy practices of other websites.
Shannon Credit Union reserves the right at its sole discretion to amend this privacy statement at any time, and you should regularly check this privacy statement for any amendments.